Monday, February 15, 2010

The After Math...

Every year, around the same time, giant corporate business (Wal-Mart, Walgreens, United, etc...) will begin stocking their store shelves with oversized teddy bears, mountains of every variety of chocolate fathomable, fake and real flowers... The list goes on and on.

Let's not get a head of ourselves...

It's the day after Valentine's Day and what do we have to say for our Valentine's Day Spectacular?

A $30 oversized teddy bear that can only be described as hideous and repugnant or who knows how much a dozen roses cost that has already begun to fade, shrivel, and die. Or, to get fancy, the gargantuan box of disgusting chocolate candy.

Since when has Valentine's Day been only about gifts and memorabilia?

Shouldn't Valentine's Day be more about spending time with your lover, soul mate, partner and letting them know that you love them in other ways then besides spending lots of money on repetitive and stereotypical gifts. Steer away from the cliche of Valentine's Day and mix it up little bit.

While I may sound like a depressed loser, quite the contrary. I spent Valentine's Day with my boyfriend. I only thought I would offer a different side from the typical view point of this romantic holiday. :)

2 comments:

  1. Now, I could tell you a thing or two about Valentine's Day. I shall go blog about it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went. I saw. I read. I liked. I commented. I left. :)

    ReplyDelete